Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Earthsea Part two

I liked the second part of this miniseries.It had a very nice ending, but I'll let you discover that for yourself. The miniseries got a little predictable towards the end. The second part became almost formulaic. It wasn't quite mechanical, because of the excellent writing by Ursula K Guin. However , I don't think they're were too many twists or unexpected events. Although I'm sure it was the last part that left many fans of the series unsatisfied. It seemed as if a lot had been left out in order to combine the last two books. I know that the series continues after the miniseries ends, but there doesn't seem to be any way for it to continue, but it does impress me that this was able to stand on its own. I still highly recomend the series, although I wouldn't run out and buy it on dvd.

No comments: