Friday, May 20, 2005

Amores Perros

This movie is in Spaninsh. So if you don't speak spanish or don't like subtitles you mind find this movie a little difficult. But don't let that stop you from watching it.
I love this movie. It is very violent and very disturbing, lots of cussing sex, ectera, and there were dog fights and bank robberies as well as some violent deaths, so its not a movie for the faint of heart or children, but I think it has a lot of redeaming quailities. I like violent movies and this was very disturbing to me, so don't say I didn't warn you. The first scene is a violent car wreck/chase though a crowded street in Mexico.
Like I said I loved this movie. Not because it violent. It's not really positive at all, although there is a lot you can learn. None of the characters redeam themselves, but the movie makes you realize why.Its a very intelligent movie, great writing, directing, acting-everything.Gael Garcia Bernal,http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0305558/ ,as Octavio, is one of the main characters in this movie. He's a great actor, and a piece of eye candy to boot. I learned a lot about people and Mexican culture from this movie. The movie is more about relationships than anything else. The violence, particularly the car wrecks, are a metaphor. Also each dog is supposed to be a metaphor for a differnt person. It is partly this metaphorical aspect which appeals to me, as I really like movies that have a lot of deep meaning to them.
The story centers on three characters whose lives are intersected at a car accident. The movie is more or less segmented into three parts, which is difficult for most people the first time they watch it. But I think this was done very well, and made the movie all that much more interesting. http://movies.filmax.com/amoresperros/

No comments: