Thursday, May 19, 2005

DaVinchi's Pizza

We went here for my birthday and one of my favorite things about this place is that it is just about the only place in Athens you can get whole wheat pizza. I love pizza and whole wheat is my favorite, so that's what I ordered. But I don't think that's what I got.. so.. that kinda sucked. I think the waitress may have been just a little confused. We were just about the only people there, but she was kind of a ditz. It's a little on the expensive side ($17 for a 12") but even so its normally worth it. Just not as often as I thought. I They make mostly deep dish pizza (the only place in Athens you can get it) with just about every topping. Plus they have a full menu of apptizers and Italian entrees, and they're slightly more authentic than DePalma's. The atmosphere leaves something to be disired, the music is nice with( they pipe in Rock 103.7) and the low lighting is pretty standardard fare for Italian restruants, but the Viking /Italian oil can decor is just a little wierd. It looks like some art student designed it back in the 1980's which considering the fact that it hasn't changed since we moved here and this town is full of artists, I really wouldn't be surprised. Its on Broad Street near the library, and its pretty easy to get into. They also have a lunch buffet, which I don't recomend for vegitarians (too much trouble, no veriety) but is probably great for meat eaters ( I am a veggie, so I did not enjoy being stared at and ignored every time I asked what was in something). In summary, great food, not cheap, good carnivore buffet, bad decor, decent location.http://www1.georgia-info.us/profile/pizza/GA/Athens/4391

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its on Baxter not Broad

Anonymous said...

yes, your right. thanks.